Casual Conversations Speaker Series
2017 - 2018
The Casual Conversation speaker series is designed to give attendees the opportunity to learn from and build relationships with professionals in a very informal setting. Each month, we highlight a specific career option – spanning industry, government, the non-profit sector, academia, and more. The invited guest speaker will share his or her career trajectory, details about day-to-day life on the job, and tips for carving out a successful career path. Attendees are encouraged to come armed with questions and speakers are encouraged to be candid; the event is truly a casual conversation!
Please visit the BCI events calendar for additional details about each event and to RSVP.
- Nadine Samara, PhD | Staff Scientist @ NIH
- Jason Hoffert, PhD | Scientific Review Officer @ NIH
- Mark Schenerman, PhD | past VP, Regulatory and External Sciences @ MedImmune
- Melissa Miller, PhD | Science Officer @ Ripple Effect Communications
- Geoff Lynn, PhD | CSO @ Avidea Technologies
- Sam Hong, PhD | Scientist and Operations Officer at Rapafusyn
- Christa Wagner, PhD | Genetics and Public Policy Fellow, American Society of Human Genetics and National Human Genome Research Institute
- Jaron Lockett, PhD | Scientific Program Analyst @ NIH/NIA
- Candace Kerr, PhD | Program Director, Aging Physiology Branch @ NIH/NIA
- Yeshi Mikyas, PhD | Director, Medical Communications (regulatory writing and publications) @ MedImmune
- C. Anthony Johns, MD | Co-founder and CEO @ Frontive Inc.
- Mary Beth Thanhouser, PhD | Business Development Associate @ Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures (JHTV)
- Rivka Glaser, PhD | Asst. Professor of Biology @ Stevenson
- Hadiya Woodham, PhD | Lecturer, Cell Biology @ University of Maryland
- Josh Croteau, PhD | Technical Applications Scientist @ BioLegend
- Shigeki Watanabe, PhD | Asst. Professor @ Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Phil Jordan, PhD | Asst. Professor @ Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
- Andrea Meredith, PhD | Assc. Professor @ University of Maryland School of Medicine