How To Apply
Review the various CTF opportunities and prioritize your choices. You will be required to choose a first choice placement and have the option of ranking additional placements if you are interested in pursuing a placement at more than one college/university.
Failure to adhere to the instructions for completing each section of the application outlined below will result in your application not being considered. Do not exceed the word count.
Completing the Online Application Sections
The list of mentoring or teaching experiences must include dates, location, subject, and hours per week.
The 150-200 word statement of interest must include:
• Your career goals following the completion of your education and training, and how you plan to include teaching
• Your motivation for participating in this program
• Your insight into what you will do to be an effective teacher, based on your experience as a student
• If you have had teaching experience, discuss what you have learned about being an effective teacher
Submitted Resumes and CVs must be sent as Adobe PDF or MS Word files.
All required text must be entered within the online application. No supplemental material will be accepted.
Principal Investigator (PI) Discussion
You must discuss applying with your PI. Submitting an application is an implied statement that your PI approves of your participation. Your PI will be asked to sign off if you are selected as a finalist. If you are a graduate student, your Program Director or Thesis Mentor must also approve and sign off on your participation.
A selection committee with representation from program faculty, staff, and past participants will rank the applications based on:
• Career goals
• Motivation for participating in the program
• Insight into effective teaching
• Where applicable, learning from previous teaching experience
Finalists will be notified by mid-July 2018 and asked for any necessary verification of employability. Interviews will be arranged to take place at the teaching sites between mid-July to early August 2018. Selected Teaching Fellows will be notified as colleges/universities share their decisions (starting early August).