Meet with a PDCO Staff Member
Log into Handshake
Sign into Handshake using JHU's single sign-on using your JHED ID and password.
View Your Appointments
(1) Click on the 'Career Center' menu at the top right of the page.
(2) Click the 'Appointments' button on the Career Center page to view and make appointments.
Schedule a New Appointment
Schedule an appointment with the PDCO!
Choose from options to:
Choose from options to:
- Explore Career Options
- Create Documents (resumes, CVs, letters, and statements)
- Find Jobs / Internships / Opportunities
- Interview and Negotiation Prep
Who is eligible to book appointments with PDCO staff members?
- PhD students and Postdoctoral Fellows from the JHU School of Medicine, School of Public Health, and School of Nursing.
- Masters students from the School of Medicine.
Who are the PDCO staff members?
- PDCO Staff bios are available here.
- School of Medicine Postdoctoral Fellows can also meet with Dr. Megan Bohn, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs, JHUSOM Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
- School of Public Health PhD Students and Postdocs can also meet with staff from the JHSPH Career Services Office.
Where are the appointments held? Can I meet virtually or by phone?
- All PDCO appointments are held in the PDCO Office: 1830 E. Monument Street, Suite 2-107.
- Appointments with Dr. Megan Bohn are held in 1830 E. Monument Street, Room 607.
- If you wish to meet virtually or by phone, please email the staff member when you book your appointment and that can be arranged.
What can I discuss in the appointment?
- When booking the appointment through Handshake, you will have the option to choose the category and topic for discussion. If you wish to discuss multiple topics, please let us know in the Appointment Request Details. We ask that you only book one appointment, with one PDCO staff member, at a time.
Policies & Expectations:
- Each person is limited to six 60-minute appointments per calendar year. This includes appointments done in-person, virtual, and email consultations.
- Please cancel and reschedule your appointments within 24 hours of the appointment if you can no longer attend.
- Please only book one appointment, with one PDCO staff member, at a time.
- Prior to the appointment, prepare by reviewing relevant resources available on the PDCO website and included in the pre-appointment message sent via Handshake.
- If you would like feedback on an application document(s), please send document(s) to be reviewed to the PDCO staff member at least 48 hours before appointment.